Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound whitefish (or other fish) fillets
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced or slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- SPRAY a broiler pan lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Place fish on pan; brush with half of melted shortening. Place fish about 4 inches from heat source; broil 5 minutes. Turn, brush with remaining melted shortening; broil about 4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- HEAT 2 tablespoons shortening in small saucepan. Add almonds; cook and stir until toasted. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Spoon over fish.