Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 cup panko (coarse) or plain bread crumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces linguine cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups prepared marinara sauce heated
- CUT chicken breasts in half horizontally to form 4 thin cutlets, or pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness and slice each in half, forming 4 cutlets.
- BEAT egg and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small pie plate. Mix breadcrumbs, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in another small pie plate. Dip both sides of each cutlet in the egg, then the bread crumb mixture.
- HEAT oil over medium heat. Add the cutlets; sauté until golden brown on each side, 5 to 6 minutes total.
- HEAT oven broiler. Transfer cutlets to wire rack over cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Sprinkle each with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- BROIL 4 to 5 inches from heat source until cheese melts and begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
- DIVIDE pasta between 4 serving plates, top with warm marinara sauce and chicken.