Crispy Potato Pancakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 20 pancakes
- 4 cups freshly grated Idaho potatoes
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup grated onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil for frying
- RINSE shredded potatoes under slowly running cold water about 5 minutes. Drain well; pat completely dry.
- BEAT together eggs and flour in large bowl until smooth. Add onion, salt and nutmeg. Add grated potatoes and mix well.
- HEAT 1/2-inch oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Drop 1/4-cup portions potato batter into oil. Do not flatten.
- TURN after 2 minutes. Flatten slightly; cook an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with applesauce, fried apples or a dollop of sour cream.