Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 4 medium onions thinly sliced
- 3 medium green, red or yellow bell peppers seeded and cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 medium zucchini cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 lb.) cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained or 4 or 5 fresh small tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- HEAT oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, bell peppers and garlic. Cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- ADD zucchini and eggplant. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, dill weed, basil, oregano, black pepper and salt. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- STIR in peas. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until peas are thawed and heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice. Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley, with hot cooked rice, if desired.