Cherry Chocolate Pudding Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 15 servings
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- or 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (30 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- Ice cream or whipped cream
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine brown sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa and hot water in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- COMBINE pancake mix, sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in medium bowl. Stir in oil, almond extract, eggs and pie filling. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter over sauce mixture in pan.
- BAKE 42 to 47 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in the center. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- SCOOP out large spoonfuls, picking up chocolate sauce from bottom of pan. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.