Chinese Cabbage Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 large head Napa or chinese cabbage
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 (3 oz.) packages ramen noodles crushed (save seasoning packets for another use)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- CHOP cabbage leaves. Discard tough white portion at the base of each leaf. Combine cabbage and green onions.
- MELT butter in large skillet. Add sesame seeds, crushed noodles and sliced almonds. Cook and stir until noodles are golden brown. Add to cabbage.
- WHISK sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Whisk in vegetable oil in a slow, steady stream. Continue to whisk until well combined. Pour over cabbage just before serving.