Asian Peanut Broccoli Salad
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (12 oz.) package broccoli slaw
- 6 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil plus 2 tbsp.
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 (3 oz.) package ramen noodles, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- or 1/2 cup cashews coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- CHOP broccoli slaw with knife to make bite-sized pieces. Combine with green onions in a large bowl.
- HEAT 2 tablespoons oil in medium skillet over medium low heat. Add sesame seeds and crushed noodles (save seasoning packet in package for another use). Cook and stir until noodles begin to turn golden brown. Add to broccoli mixture.
- WHISK together sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and 1/4 cup oil in small bowl. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture. Add peanuts and red pepper flakes, if desired. Toss until coated.
- For a milder dressing, use white vinegar instead of cider vinegar.