Black Forest Chocolate Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 12-cup fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, shortening, brown sugar and eggs in medium bowl with electric mixer; mix well.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl; stir into milk mixture just until moistened. Gradually add vanilla and water. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool 30 minutes.
- SPOON some of the cherry filling over the cake. Slice cake; serve with remaining cherry filling.
- Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.