Classic Key Lime Pie
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 (14 oz.) cans Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and stir until evenly moistened. Press mixture into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate to form crust. Bake 10 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack.
- WHISK sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and sour cream in large bowl until blended. Stir in lime peel. Pour filling into crust. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until tiny bubbles begin to form on surface of pie. Cool completely on wire rack.
- BEAT cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff. Top pie with whipped cream. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Best served the same day.
- Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.