Savory Tomato Sauce Balsamico over Penne
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or to taste
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoons minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 8 ounces cooked penne or fusilli
- Freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- COOK onions in oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- STIR in crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- COOK pasta in salted water according to package directions; drain. Stir balsamic vinegar and parsley into prepared sauce. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Savory Tomato Sauce Balsamico with Meat: Add 1/2 pound lean ground pork or beef with the onions. Proceed with recipe as written.