Creamy Basil, Fig and Blue Cheese Farfalle Pasta
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 3/4 pound farfalle pasta (about 5 cups uncooked)
- 8 dried figs chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves plus fresh basil sprigs for garnish
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese plus additional for garnish
- 2/3 cup walnuts, divided 1/3 cup chopped for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- COOK pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- BLEND figs, spinach, basil and garlic in food processor; pulse until fine. Pour in oil, cream, 2/3 cup pasta cooking water and lemon juice. Pulse several times, adding more water if needed to thin sauce. Blend in cheeses, 1/3 cup whole walnuts and salt; process until smooth. Heat sauce in pasta pan over medium heat, stirring constantly until heated through.
- DIVIDE pasta into 6 servings. Pour sauce over pasta and garnish with a sprinkle of blue cheese, chopped walnuts and sprig of basil.