Golden Pound Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 1/4 cups Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 1 1/4 sticks Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 325ºF. Coat a 10-inch tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening and sugar with electric mixer in large bowl until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- COMBINE cake flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add alternately with milk, vanilla and lemon extract to shortening mixture. Beat until smooth. Turn batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in centered comes out clean. Cool 1 hour; remove cake from pan and cool completely on rack. To serve, sprinkle cake with powdered sugar.